The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 had no competition as expected, blowing even Moneyball completely out of the water. $12 million in takings saw no other new release enter the top 10 and the only change saw The Debt jump up ahead of Shark Night 3D.
This week’s new releases will pose no threat to Breaking Dawn – Part 1 but the range of films will intrigue many moviegoers. Ivan Sen’s Toomelah screened in Un Certain Regard at Cannes, Ages of Love with Robert De Niro and Monica Bellucci was the hit of the 2011 Italian Film Festival, Ides of March comes off glowing reviews for George Clooney and Ryan Gosling and fans of The Inbetweeners will finally see the big-screen adaptation.
AUSTRALIAN WEEKEND BOX OFFICE RESULTS
Film Title, Distributor, Box Office ($)
1. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, HOYTS, 12,108,308
2. Moneyball, SONY PICTURES, 998,043
3. In Time, FOX, 769,850
4. Midnight in Paris, eOne/HOPSCOTCH, 486,331
5. I Don’t Know How She Does It, ROADSHOW, 314,556
6. The Debt, UNIVERSAL, 247,854
7. Drive, PINNACLE FILMS, 233,018
8. Paranormal Activity 3, PARAMOUNT, 201,699
9. Shark Night 3D, ICON, 188,457
10. Contagion, WARNER BROS, 185,797