UPDATE: Sorry, this competition has ended. Winners announced below!
To celebrate the release of Tamara Drewe, a British character comedy starring Gemma Arterton (Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans) and directed by Stephen Frears (The Queen, High Fidelity), Village Roadshow and Cut Print Review are giving you the chance to win one of five in-season double passes to see the movie, which is in cinemas now.
To be in the draw to win, simply fill out the entry form below!
Based on Posy Simmonds’ beloved graphic novel of the same name (which was itself inspired by Thomas Hardy’s classic Far From the Madding Crowd) this wittily modern take on the romantic English pastoral is a far cry from Hardy’s Wessex. Tamara Drewe’s present-day English countryside — stocked with pompous writers, rich weekenders, bourgeois bohemians, a horny rock star, and a great many Buff Orpington chickens and Belted Galloway cows— is a much funnier place. When Tamara Drewe sashays back to the bucolic village of her youth, life for the locals is thrown upside down. Tamara — once an ugly duckling — has been transformed into a devastating beauty (with help from plastic surgery). As infatuations, jealousies, love affairs and career ambitions collide among the inhabitants of the neighboring farmsteads, Tamara sets a contemporary comedy of manners into play using the oldest magic in the book—sex appeal.
Read our review of Tamara Drewe here.
S. Morrison, SA
R. Leitch, TAS
K. Ross, NSW
A. M. Webster, VIC
A. Coulter, NSW
Congratulations to our winners! Your prizes are on their way.
Conditions of Entry:
1. The competition closes at 11.59pm on Wednesday, 9th of February 2011.
2. Only Australian residents may enter. Entry is limited to one per person.
3.To be eligible to win, entrants must be following Cut Print Review on Twitter or Facebook at the time the competition is drawn.
4. After the closure of the competition, five valid entrants will be selected at random as the winners.
5. Prizes will be mailed via Australia Post to the street address provided. No responsibility is taken by us for the non-delivery of prizes by Australia Post.
6. We take no responsibility for ticket prizes that cannot be claimed due to the film not playing in your area or going out of season. Be sure to check local show times first.
7. We value privacy; your contact information will not be shared.